YFA works in partnership with the Department of Children & Families (DCF), and Community-Based Care Lead Agency providers. Professional case management staff work to ensure children are safely maintained or reunited with their parents; or, when this is not possible, work to ensure children are safe and stable with appropriate relative or non-relative caregivers.
Case Management service referrals are accepted through the Lead Agency and Child Protective Investigation (CPI) staff and through self-referrals or voluntary services agreements with the parents and caregivers.
Case Managers work with families and caregivers to access and coordinate services that are available and appropriate to the child’s situation. Service needs for a child in the home with a parent may vary greatly from the
needs of a child that has been removed from a parent or caregiver.
Case Managers coordinate the delivery of community services to families and caregivers of the children in care. Case Management services are provided to:
- Preserve intact families by strengthening and educating parents and caregivers;
- Reunify children who have been removed from their family;
- Maintain a stable, safe placement for children who are in out-of-home care; and
- Locate appropriate, safe, and permanent placements for children who cannot be returned to their parents or caregivers.
Case Managers assist parents with accessing a variety of community services that are available and appropriate to their situation. The goal is to ensure parents have the tools, services, and support they need to independently provide a safe, nurturing environment for their children. Parents are often referred to providers who specialize in:
- Parent Training
- Child Care
- Housing Services
- Domestic Violence Services
- Psychological Services/Psychiatric Services
- Substance Abuse and Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment
- Family Preservation Services
2440 N. Essex Avenue
Hernando, FL 34442
201 N. Howell Avenue, Suite 300
Brooksville, FL 34601
5463 West Waters Avenue, Suite 850
Tampa, FL 33634
7916 Evolutions Way
Trinity, FL 34655
Fax: 727-569-1750 or 727-569-1751
36739 State Road 52, Suite 201
Dade City, FL 33525